Monday, August 24, 2015

My Second Anniversary

Today marks my 2nd Daimoku Anniversary.  On this day, I decided to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo daily.  Not only have I stuck with it, but I received my Gohonzon on April 5, 2015.  Here is one benefit I have received: NO MORE SLUMP DAYS.  A lot of people come to class or work on Mondays still in a slump.  I would come to class ready and with a lion's gaze.  I am a lot more confident in my future and I know that my fear does not have to be a reality. It's only if I allow it to be my reality.  I know that I will be okay.  I have begun to listen to both my mind and my heart.  This is something that took some doing after a college change I had went bust one time.  I have endeavors to get my Bachelor's Degree in Sociology from Morehouse College; to attend graduate school, though I do not know where yet; to pursue a career in journalist; to write novels; to go from being an okay singer to a legitimate singer; to be a yoga instructor; and to learn Tai Chi as martial arts. I also wish to find love.
It has been quite a journey these past 2 years and I know that it's only begun.  However, this journey to happiness is NOT for the faint of heart.  It is for those who are willing to challenge their fears, their doubts, and take risks.   It is for those who are willing to persevere until they prevail.
As an adult, I've always marveled at the idea of being spiritual and Buddhism answered that desire.  However it was through Nichiren Buddhism that I discovered REAL spirituality,  Once upon a time, my thinking was that of a voice hearer on some days, and cause-awakened one on the good days. Voice hearers are those who begin to seek happiness and enlightenment through what other people's teachings.  Cause-awakened ones seek happiness and enlightenment through their own experience.  I am now on the level of bodhisattva.  Bodhisattvas seek enlightenment and happiness not only for themselves, but for others as well.  They have enormous compassion for other people.
I am so damn glad that I made that decision to chant nam myoho renge kyo.  My outlook on life has become clearer and more optimistic.  If you want to learn about Nichiren Buddhism, I suggest that you check the website nammyohorengekyo.org.  If you are interested in practicing it, then check out this website and chant this mantra with me:
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

No comments:

Post a Comment